This course will help you write successful applications, covering letters, CV’s and personal statements for potential job opportunities.
The workshop includes the content listed below, however, all courses can be tailored to suit individual requirements/business needs and can be adjusted as necessary. Workshops may be tailored on the day to suit the delegate needs. Select the Personal development tab for a general overview of the courses available.
Writing your CV
What to include and when:
- Personal Details
- Work Experience
- Personal statement
- How to understand what information to include relevant to the position you’re applying for
- How to write a covering letter
- How to write a personal statement
- How to understand the skills you have gained through work experience, studies or in your daily life and how to match them to job advertisements
- The different parts of the application process
- Writing a personal statement
- Learn what employers look for in candidates
- Top tips for what to include in your CV
- Maximising your skills and experience
- Selling yourself
What to avoid:
- Common pitfalls
- Too much information
- Irrelevant information
- Negative Information
- Formatting your CV
- Uploading your CV
- Saving your CV
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the differences between applications, CV’s, covering letters and personal statements.
- Know what to include to ensure you sell your best self
- Understand what’s relevant and what’s not when writing a CV
- Understand common pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Understand how to best match your skills to job advertisements
- Use basic computer skills to type your CV, format it and apply for jobs online
For more information please contact us and we will do our very best to meet your own individual requirements.