This workshop includes the content listed below, however, all courses can be tailored to suit individual requirements/business needs and can be adjusted as necessary. Workshops may be tailored on the day to suit the delegate needs. Select the business Skills tab for a general overview of the courses available.
Course outline – Managing Conflict – Dealing with Difficult Situations
The workshop can be used to assist with conflict in the workplace, and also provides helpful techniques to assist with everyday situations. The content can be tailored to suit the attendees as necessary.
- About workshop
- Past experiences
- Reason for attending
- What you hope to get out of workshop
What are the signs of conflict?
- How long has it been going on
- Possible symptoms of conflict
- Reading the signs
- Who is in conflict?
- Individual conflict
- Group conflict
What is causing the conflict?
- Needs and expectations
- Increase in workload
- Training issues
- Unfair treatment
- Lack of trust
- Pay related issues
- Institutional policies
How can you manage conflict?
- Individual management
- Group management
- Institutional policies and procedures
- Third party involvement
How to prevent future conflict
- Change of behaviour
- Managing your mind
- Understanding the issue
Analyse various scenarios and discuss various resolutions
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Identify possible signs and symptoms of conflict
- Recognise the various possible causes of conflict and techniques to help manage them
- Understand different ways to manage conflict, and adapt to different situations
- Recognise how your own behaviour style can affect conflict