This workshop includes the content listed below, however, all courses can be tailored to suit individual requirements/business needs and can be adjusted as necessary. Workshops may be tailored on the day to suit the delegate needs. Please see the business skills page for a general overview of the courses available.
This workshop is designed for anyone going through a period of change whether at work or within his or her personal life. Often we have no control over changes in our lives making accepting change that much harder. Using a variety of techniques, the workshop will explore how we can embrace change and make it a positive experience.
- Aims of the workshop and learning outcomes
- Group discussion about our understanding of what change is
- What is change?
- The different stages of change
- Our first response to change and the affects this can have on ourselves and others, our wellbeing and performance
- Managing our response to change
- Circle of influence – differentiating between the things you can influence and the things you cannot
- Practical techniques – Letting go of what we are unable to influence
- Developing coping strategies
- Taking a positive approach
- Your role in the change process
- Coping with stress
- The importance of perspective
By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Identify what the word change means to you
- Recognize the different stages of change
- Recognize and understand your response to change and the effect this has on your wellbeing
- Differentiate between things you can influence and things you cannot and learnt to let go of the things you cannot influence
- Learn how you can support others through change
- Change any negative perceptions of change into positive ones
- Understand different coping strategies to deal with stress
- Develop your own action plan to take away for continual future development